We wanted to let you know a little bit more about the Avenue for the Arts…..
The Avenue for the Arts is a neighborhood title for the South Division commercial corridor.
We are residential, commercial and nonprofit groups working together in a creative community.
We are residents in Heartside, and active participants in shaping change in our neighborhood.
In 2005, we choose the Avenue for the Arts as a title to represent our commercial corridor and
the projects and events that we create.
The Avenue for the Arts has been recognized as a center for arts and culture in Grand Rapids.
• 2004 Cool Cities Designation by the State of Michigan
• 2006 Historic Preservation Outstanding Preservation Project
• 2007 Michigan Historic Preservation Network Tax Credit Award
• 2007 Governor’s Award for Exemplary Business supporting the Arts Award
• 2009 Neighborhood Business Alliance Award for Best Neighborhood Promotion
You can click here to find out more about Avenue for the Arts and read the full history.
You can also check out these great videos to learn more about what we do!